Thursday, October 1, 2009

Celcom Slow Connection


Celcom broadband, one of the first broadband provider in Malaysia but sadly enough, there's not much of an improvement upon it at all. They did a lot of advertising and package to keep the market hot but unfortunately, the connection is still under lame level. I've been using Celcom broadband for almost two years now and the only reason I'm still using it is because I'm tied with the contract.

Widest coverage? Yes. Great speed? No. I'm not sure whether they did try to improve their performance but as far as I can see, its even getting hard to connect to the connection itself, let alone surfing the web. I used to have problem to connect to the internet for almost three days and yet I need to pay a fix rate of almost RM100.00 per month. I should get a connection that worth what I paid for but sadly enough, its not. Imagine, I need to wait more than 10 seconds to get my Facebook profile been uploaded and if I get worse, the connect disconnect by itself.


Right now there's even a student package where you only need to pay RM50 to get a broadband for yourself. Don't get it, go to other service provider such as Maxis and Digi. If you asked me, I prefer Digi because its Edge connection is much faster than the average Celcom HSDPA connection! Don't be fooled with the connection profile saying that the speed is 7.2 Mbps, its a complete different thing compared to your connection speed. You can get 100Mbps by just connect your computer to other computer using Lan cable. It's not the speed of the internet, its just the speed of the connection.

Overall, I hope that one day Celcom will realize the importance of keeping the customers happy and not just revolving around the advertising solution to keep the money going. Dont wait until Celcom been put at the bottom of the list compared to other internet provider, including the merging P1 Wimax. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=5aad5ed1c8ceb4641cefa49c80dcccf8