Sunday, December 27, 2009

X3 Player Is A Scam?


Yesterday I downloaded a movie from the torrent client and after waiting for two days due to slow internet connection and a computer that often turn off by its own, the download finally completed this evening. I'm not sure about the quality of the download because sadly enough, the whole 700 Megabit movie is only a 15 seconds movie with a word saying that I need to download X3 Player from a website.

After take a look at the history on Google search engine, I just realize there are millions of internet users searching a way to find a free X3 Player and there's a few websites that as if giving a shed of light but eventually I got lost in the middle. Due to the hardship of the download, I decided not to delete the video file and wait for any player to have a codec for it. So, anyone already purchase the X3 Player for $1.xx? That's extreme free for a player, and some say its just a temptation because the whole thing is actually a scam.


Why? Its because even VLC, a very famous open source media player also cannot play this movie. What is that suppose to mean? Is it the programmer of X3 Player is a lot greater and can create unreadable format that even great player can't break the code? Because of this question, some say that even if you bought the player, you won't get to play the video in the other way around because the advertisement is the only thing that available at the video content.

One thing for sure, the owner for the website is totally making money right now if because the price for the player is too cheap that make people don't have a second thought especially when they already downloaded the movie. Is it scam or not? I don't know because the argument above came from other people and it does make sense to me. So, anyone willing to sacrifice a dollar for the truth? Hit me when you got the answer!


4 comments:

  1. I've had the same issue as you. After an hour of download, vlc player only shows a link where you can buy this player. So, I decided to give it a shot and actually took the time to read the fine print. It is $1.99 only for three days!!!! after which you will be charged $10 per month. Readers, please don't buy this. This is a huge rip off!!!!
    Who wants to pay money when there are hundreds of open source out there for free...keep searching and you will find the one movie you want free of scams like these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing. Downloaded a few movies at the same time to find out they were unplayable. Went to their site and it looks like $1.99 until you click pay and then you see it is $1.99 for first 3 days then $14.95 per month, what a rip. Deleted the whole thing. Surprising thing is when you go to the download page for the movies and see the number of seeded files there are no bad comments, infact no comments at all. I would have expected a few negative listings about what a scam the movie was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,
    i just wonder if its the riaa trying to stuff things up? Just my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a program that would break the code and you could watch the movies in VLC but I for the life of me can't remember the name of the program and can't find it again. If anyone has any input please share it.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=5aad5ed1c8ceb4641cefa49c80dcccf8